Heavenly Father, we thank you that by water and the Holy Spirit you have bestowed upon these your servants the forgiveness of sin, and have raised them to the new life of grace.The Book of Common Prayer, p. 308
“Holy Baptism,” according to The Book of Common Prayer, “is full initiation by water and the Holy Spirit into Christ’s Body the Church.” It is the sacrament by which God adopts us as God’s children, makes us members of Christ’s church and inheritors of the kingdom of God.
Holy Baptism is most often administered as part of the celebration of Holy Eucharist at a major Sunday service or on a feast day. In the Episcopal Church, baptismal services are generally conducted:
- at the Easter Vigil (on the evening of Holy Saturday)
- on the day of Pentecost (the eighth Sunday after Easter)
- on All Saint’s Day (November 1) or the Sunday immediately following All Saint’s Day
- and at the Feast of the Baptism of our Lord (the first Sunday after the Epiphany on January 6)
Upcoming celebrations of Holy Baptism are scheduled to take place on:
- Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 10:30 am
- Sunday, January 12, 2020 at 10:30 am
If you are interested in planning a baptism at St. Augustine’s, please contact our Rector, Mother Jenny, at email@example.com for more information.