The Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church, Michael Curry, and Forward Movement are inviting churches to participate in the Good Book Club’s study of the Gospel of Mark during the season of Epiphany (January – February).
St. Augustine’s is excited to join this study to immerse ourselves in God’s word during the season when we reflect on how God has been revealed to us in the Incarnation of Jesus Christ.
How to participate
All you really need to participate is to get your hands on a Bible. Mother Jenny recommends the Harper-Collins NRSV Study Bible. The translation we most frequently read and study in church is the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV). You can also find a number of apps for your smartphone and online resources for reading the Bible.
- Good Book Club Study on Saturdays – Join us via Zoom at 4:00 pm. January 9, 16, 23; February 6, 13. Click here for Zoom Link; Meeting ID: 303 597 2920 Password: 1857
- Rector’s Bible Study, 10:45 am – 11:30 am – This group will meet after our Sunday worship and an abbreviated Coffee Hour on January 17th, February 7th and February 14th.
- The schedule of readings begins on January 1st, the Feast of the Holy Name. A schedule/list can be found below.
- Follow St. Augustine’s on Facebook for regular updates and insights.
- Participate in a free Webinar taught by Montreal Theological College Principal (and Andrew Owen’s Godfather!!) The Rev. Dr. Jesse Zink on Tuesday, January 12th at 7pm. Information can be found here.
- Additional resources and opportunities for engagement are also available on The Good Book Club website.
We look forward to embarking on this study as a community in 2021! Please contact Mother Jenny if you have any questions.