At 7pm on February 9th inside the church we will have the first installment of a new St. A’s Faith & Film series. This series will give us an opportunity to explore the intersection of popular culture with religion, faith and spirituality. Our first film will be Kenneth Branagh’s Belfast. We will gather to watch the film and then discuss it for 20-30 minutes afterwards. Popcorn, candy and water will be provided.
Author Archives: stacroton
Music Minister Search
St. A’s is looking for a new Music Minister!
2023 Epiphany Good Book Club Study
Join St. A’s and The Episcopal Church as we read the books of Ruth and Esther together this Epiphany Season, beginning January 6th. You can participate in the following ways:
- Weekly 1-hour discussions at 11:00 am on Wednesdays (except 2/1) in the Parish House. Our first meeting is Wednesday, January 11th at 11:00 am.
- Participate with the study materials available on The Good Book Club website or printed materials available at St. A’s (includes reading schedule, study guides and questions for reflection)
It is a wonderful part of the Protestant traditions to be able to study scripture on our own. However, engaging in Bible study as a community helps us connect with each other and the Word of God. Soon we discover that they cannot be separated! Please plan to participate however you can!
2022 Lent & Easter Book Study
In Lent we reminded of the need for self-examination as an essential part of our spiritual life. In Easter, we celebrate those ways that Lent has prepared us to celebrate the new life that is given to us in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This year, we will explore both of these with Desmond and Mpho Tutu’s The Book of Forgiving: The Fourfold Path for Healing Ourselves and Our World. Discussion sessions will take place on scheduled Thursdays at noon (in-person) and 7pm (via Zoom).
Supplies: The Book of Forgiving; A journal for writing exercises recommended in the book; A rock of your choosing (see p. 11, last page of Introduction)
Our meeting and reading schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, March 24th, 12pm Parish Hall; 7pm Zoom (Introduction – Part 1, Chapters 1-3)
- Thursday, April 7th, 12pm Parish Hall; 7pm Zoom (Chapters 4-5)
- Thursday, April 28th, 12pm Parish Hall; 7pm Zoom (Chapters 6-7)
- Thursday, May 19th, 12pm Parish Hall; 7pm Zoom (Part 3, Chapters 8-10)
7pm Zoom discussions can be accessed with this link:
Meeting ID: 993 5323 0289