- WHAT: Drive-thru, Socially-distant Birthday Party for Jesus
- WHEN: Christmas Eve, December 24th @4PM
- WHERE: St. A’s Church Lawn
How do we celebrate birthdays pandemic-style? With a drive-thru birthday party!! Join us for a quick festive celebration of Jesus’ birthday! We will have decorations set up! Party favors to give out!
What do you bring to a Birthday Party for Jesus?
- Your voices – “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear [behind a mask, of course]!”
- Happy Birthday signs to show us or put on your car windows.
- Birthday Cards for Jesus! We will collect these.
- Birthday Presents for Jesus!! (Here’s his gift registry from the Croton Caring Committee. Gifts given to Jesus will be given to families in our village receiving assistance from the Healthy Start Program! We need: Cereal, Oatmeal, Pancake mix/syrup (one of the major Elf food groups), Breakfast Bars, etc.
How is this going to go down?
- Please arrive at St. A’s in your cars just before 4pm. We will have folks helping you find parking spots to line up in front of the Church.
- Depending on weather and what is permitted to keep us safe, we will either participate from our cars or scattered around the lawn, masks on, singing a couple of songs and saying some prayers.
- Families will be invited to bring up their cards and presents for Jesus and given a goodie bag.
I can’t be there at 4pm on Christmas Eve! Can I still participate?!!!
YES!! We have a bin on the Parish House porch (next to the Christmas Tree) where you can drop off food donations! When this Christmas storm passes, we will put our festive nativity back out. But for the safety of the Holy Family, we let them in the Parish Hall until the rain stops.